Official NY State Inspection Station
This is one anniversary you don’t want to forget – your New York State Inspection! Check your sticker now and call Rudy Schmid to schedule your annual NY state inspection today.
Has your “Check Engine” light come on? Your car is telling you to call Rudy Schmid. We’ll diagnose and resolve your problem BEFORE your NYS inspection expires. Don’t wait until after the date has passed – we’ll have to remove the sticker from your windshield and you’ll be stuck without wheels! Plan ahead, give us a call and mark your calendar. We’ll keep you on the road legally with a safe ride!
NEW YORK STATE VEHICLE INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS:
- Motor vehicles are required, by law, to be in safe operating condition whenever they are driven on a public street or roadway in New York State.
- Each vehicle registered in New York State must be inspected at least every 12 months. The inspection must be done before the expiration date of the current inspection sticker, and whenever the vehicle becomes registered in a different name.
- When a vehicle inspection is requested, an inspection station must inspect any vehicle it is licensed to inspect or must provide, in writing, an appointment date that is within eight working days. If an appointment is made, the station may require a deposit that cannot exceed the inspection fee.
- The inspection must be done in a NYS licensed inspection station displaying an official sign, and must be performed by a certified motor vehicle inspector.
- If your vehicle fails the safety and/or emissions inspection, the inspection station must have your permission before beginning any repairs.
- You are not required to have your vehicle repaired or re-inspected at the NYS inspection station that performed the initial inspection. Your vehicle may be taken to any registered repair shop, or you may make the required repairs yourself. Your vehicle must then pass a new inspection, at an inspection station of your choice, before an inspection sticker will be issued.
- It is a misdemeanor for an inspector to knowingly issue, or a motorist to knowingly accept, an inspection sticker unless a full and proper inspection has been performed.
Contact Us Today!
For Collision, call: 315-422-8879